How does it work?
- This course includes pre-recorded video lessons for each topic.
- Each lesson has practice assignments, and quizzes/assessments
- Each lesson has a discussion board where you can post your question or answer another group member's question. Collaborative learning at its finest!
- Your instructor is available throughout the week to answer questions through the discussion board.
- Student progress is monitored and weekly feedback is sent to parent's email.
- Small group sizes
- Whether a homeschooler, an online learner or a regular school learner, this a great course to supplement any student's learning!
This course is fully aligned with the Ministry outcomes and covers about more than 1/2 of the Chemistry curriculum.
In this course, students will learn:
- unit conversions
- significant figures
- molar mass calculations
- percent composition
- theoretical and percent yield
- mole ratios
- mole to mole calculations
- mass to mass calculations
- mole to mass calculations
- mole and avogadro's number
- molar volume of a gas
- mole and density
- limiting reagants
- determining empirical and molecular formulas
- ideal gas law
- understanding dilutions
- introduction to solubility
- homogeneous vs hetergeneous solutions
- different types of forces
- net ionic equations and precipitation reactions
Enroll at any time and have 40 days of course learning with teacher support.
- All lessons available at your fingertips
- Post your questions regarding the lesson directly on the lesson page
- Message instructor for extra help
Why should I enroll in this class?
This Chemistry course is carefully designed by highly experienced teachers. Each class is engaging and interactive. The teacher monitors student progress and provides parents an update via email after each lesson.
I am not homeschooling my child, can I still enroll him/her in this class?
Absolutely! All of our courses are enrichment classes. Whether your child is attending a regular school, online learning, distributed learning or homeschooling, this course is a perfect addition to ensure your child is mastering all of the concepts as expected by the Ministry of Education.
What do I need for this class?
A strong internet connection, a computer, notebook and a pencil. It is recommended that students are taking notes throughout the lesson and trying practice problems on their own. Worksheets will be provided by the teacher for students to download.
How much time do I need to devote to this class?
Classes are 2-3 hours per week is recommended.
Is there a lesson within this topic you'd like us to teach?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get it organized right away! It is helpful to send an attachment of a lesson so we know